When To Use a Notary For Property Transactions in Bali

When To Use A Notary?

You should use a notary to issue a proper deed when you buy a  freehold, a right of use, or a  leasehold title. If you are renting a house or a villa for a short term or up to a year, this is usually done without notarizing the lease agreement. But this is entirely your choice. They typically charge 1% of the amount of the transaction. Who is paying for them? There is no rule here, but if you choose the notary, you may be ending up paying for their services. If both parties (seller and buyer) jointly appoint the notary then you may want to split the cost equally. Again, this is something you can negotiate.

Ciao Calo! Buy and rent directly from owners

Compare listings